Skip to main content

Power Automate: SharePoint Copy file action fails on file names with a plus (+) sign

CRM 2016 SP1: Solution import failed with Solution With Id = 12ac16ec-41d5-1685-a230-0b1c31499250 Does Not Exist

Importing Solutions with the upgrade solution (holding solution) option is still not stable with CRM 2016 SP1 On-Premise.

Ronald Lemmon already posted the same issue on his blog:
http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.de/2015/11/solution-with-id-86ac16ec-41d7-4685.html

I expected it to be fixed with SP1 but it is still happening every now and then.

With this query and the solution id (guid) of the error message you are able to find records in the ProcessTriggerBase table that reference the guid of a failed import from a holding solution that is not existing in the system anymore.

select * from ProcessTriggerBase
where solutionid = 'YOUR_SOLUTION_GUID' 

Due to this reference to a solution id not existing in the system you will not be able to import a new version of the target solution to be updated.

What I did and this is probably not a supported solution is to update the guid to the actual target solution that is currently deployed in the system.

To find out the id of the target solution you can simply query the SolutionBase table and look it up there. Once you have the true id you can go ahead and update the records of the false solution ids with this query:

DELETE FROM ProcessTriggerBase
WHERE SolutionId= '12ac16ec-41d5-1685-a230-0b1c31499250'

Now you should be able to import and update the target solution.

Comments

  1. Hi Andreas- I thought it is worth mentioning that I had this issue and although I found your blog very helpful it is a little confusing unless I am missing something. In my case, it was a 3rd party managed solution that wouldn't import and it failed on an HTML web resource. I found the web resource in the database, then I looked up the target solution ID in the solutionbase table, then I updated the solution ID for the offending web resource record. I did not need to run your delete statement. Not sure if this is just a typo. I logged a call with MS support and they instructed me to to it this way. I just thought it is worth noting to avoid confusion. Unless in your example this is actually what you had to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi all,
    fortunately this thread brought on the right track to figure out why I was getting the same error message. In my case it must have happened that applying a solution upgrade did not complete properly (my guess for the cause). The Metadata was full off entries referring to the "bad" solution GUID (MetadataSchema.Entity, MetadataSchema.Attributes,...). I went and deleted all rows referencing the solution GUID from the log and then I was able to import the new version of the solution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi James, in my and Sigrun's case we had to delete it. Thanks for leaving your comment. It might help others as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yet Another Address Autocomplete PCF Control–powered by Bing

In this blog post I will not go into detail in how to install all the pre-requisites that are required to build and run PCF controls. My goal was to build a new PCF control and get into coding of PCF controls as fast as possible. Here are a few links to articles that will help you installing the pre-requisites (Microsoft PowerApps CLI)  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/get-powerapps-cli Other good references to get into this topic: https://toddbaginski.com/blog/how-to-create-a-powerapps-pcf-control/ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/create-custom-controls-using-pcf I looked through the Guido Preite’s https://pcf.gallery/ which will help you find appropriate use cases / examples for your own needs. It did not take very long to find a simple example to start with: Andrew Butenko's https://pcf.gallery/address-autocomplete/ A few moments later I had the idea to create yet another address autocomplete

Regarding SPFieldMultiLineText (Add HTML/URL content to a field) programmatically

I recently tried so set some HTML content in a SharePoint list column of type SPFieldMultiLineText. My first approach was this piece of code: SPFieldMultiLineText field = item.Fields.GetFieldByInternalName( "Associated Documents" ) as SPFieldMultiLineText; StringBuilder docList = new StringBuilder(); docList.Append( " " ); foreach (DataRow docRow in addDocs) { DataRow[] parent = dr.Table.DataSet.Tables[0].Select( "DOK_ID=" + docRow[ "DOK_MGD_ID" ].ToString()); if (parent != null && parent.Length > 0) { docList.AppendFormat( " {1} " , parent[0][ "FilePath" ].ToString(), parent[0][ "Title" ].ToString()); } } if (docList.Length > 0) { // remove trailing tag docList.Remove(docList.Length-5, 5); } docList.Append( " " ); string newValue = docList.ToString(); item[field.Title] = newValue; What this code does is to get all associated documents to the main document and to add these docu

CRM 2016: The attribute with AttributeId = 'guid' was not found in the MetadataCache.

During the export of an unmanged solution I always received the following error message from my CRM 2016 SP1 OnPremise development system: The attribute with AttributeId = '023bda49-9dfa-401e-b348-9374a4141186' was not found in the MetadataCache. Then I tried to remember what I did since the last solution version. => Yes, there was a field that I deleted, because the customer does not need it anymore. Because I am working on-premise it was easy to check the database for the specific attribute. First, I searched in the attribute table: SELECT [AttributeId]   FROM [Dev_MSCRM].[MetadataSchema].[Attribute]   where [AttributeId] = '023bda49-9dfa-401e-b348-9374a4141186' => result was nothing I concluded CRM deleted the field in this table but missed to remove the attribute from our customer solution. Next thing was to check the solutioncomponent table: SELECT [ModifiedOn]       ,[CreatedBy]       ,[ObjectId]       ,[IsMetadata]       ,[ModifiedBy